Following some recent comments that I felt were inappropriate for this (kneel in wonder at heaven touching earth — paulsibley.net) blog, I have, very reluctantly, decided that I should follow what seems to becoming necessary on the internet, and provide a Comment Policy. I’ve taken the liberty of adapting, what appears to be a standard policy, to be found on several blogs; and hope that those who did the initial work on it will not object. I have been unsuccessful in identifying who the original author was to give due accreditation — if you know, I would appreciate it if you could pass the information on to me: Contact Form
- Comments on “kneel in wonder at heaven touching earth” (paulsibley.net) may be moderated. And the blog owner, Paul Sibley, reserves the right to edit or delete comments based on the Comment Policy set out below.
- That said, comments are welcomed, and I do appreciate you taking the time to write them.
Comment Form Guidelines
- All comments must be accompanied by a proper or legitimate-sounding name or nickname in the event that the commenter does not wish to use his or her real name.
- All comments must be accompanied by a properly-formatted and legitimate email address. Where the email address is malformed or is not legitimate, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, I reserve the right to delete the comment.
- Comments with malformed or URLs leading to pornographic or adult-material sites and/or splogs will be deleted. In addition, URLs containing keywords, spam and other suspicious content will also be deleted.
- Your email address is treated with the utmost level of privacy. It will not be published on the blog nor shared or revealed in other forms. However, I reserve the right to privately contact the commenter at the email address if such a need arises.
- All snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent deletion, never share this private information within blog comments.
Language and Etiquette
- “kneel in wonder at heaven touching earth” is a family-friendly blog, so comments that contain offensive or inappropriate language will be edited or deleted at my discretion.
- A comment that does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited or deleted.
- In the interest of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other readers. Flaming or use of threatening language will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog could result in removal and having one’s access revoked.
- Any comment assumed to be possible comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam.
- If you leave a comment on this blog and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate the Comment Policy, please contact me via the Contact Form
- This blog is setup to automatically hold any blog comment with three or more links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing. Any blog comment with more than three links could be marked as comment spam.
- Readers are encouraged to share similar experiences or posts on their blogs, where appropriate, with a link to their own post or blog. This is done with an eye to sharing the Christian life experience and to edify one another, and this policy should not be abused.
- Please use proper XHTML markup: <a href=”…” title=”…”>Link Anchor Text</a>, and keep the anchor text brief (6 words or less per link).
- Please double check your links as any link that returns an error or leads to a site under construction, or contains malcontent, or cannot be loaded will be removed.
- Signatures can be added to your comment if you so choose to include one.
- If you do decide to include one, please keep it short (2 lines maximum). Any links in signatures are subject to the same policy as above.
Length of Comments
- If an entry gets you fired up, excited, or makes you think so deeply that the words pour from you like an overflowing fountain, consider publishing it as a thought on your own blog with a trackback to the original post on this blog. If trackback is disabled, you are welcome to leave a comment summarizing your entry with a link to continue reading it.
- Ideally, your comment will be under 200 well-chosen words (more are acceptable providing they are appropriate) with paragraphs as necessary; white space makes the content easier to read on a computer screen. I don’t write 11,000 word posts, and comments of such length are unlikely to be published however valid the content might be — it’s more than I want to read in a comment, and more than others will want to read too.
- All trackbacks will be treated in line with my Comments Policy.
Response By The Blog Owner
- All legitimate comments are appreciated, but please understand that I may not respond to your comment if there is no real need to. This may be due to time constraints or the fact that no further comment is necessary.
- Responses to comments, if any, will be made on this blog. I will not contact you privately at your email address or through other communication channels unnecessarily.
All Rights Reserved
- I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. I also reserve the right to block any one or any group from commenting on or from accessing my blog.
- By posting your comments to the blog you are granting me the right, in perpetuity, to use, alter, and/or display them in any appropriate form or communication channel.
- All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the Commenter, not me. By submitting a comment on the blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold me harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- This document first published April 27, 2008.
- I reserve the right to amend this document at any time without prior notice.